Net Zero Asset Managers initiative Webinar
October 6 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm| Free
Wednesday 6 October, Online
11:00am – 12:30pm AEST / 1:00pm – 2:30pm NZST
With interim and long-term emissions reduction targets in focus for the finance sector ahead of COP26 in November, investors are increasingly committing to and establishing pathways to net zero. Frameworks, resources, and collaborative initiatives are pivotal to implementation of these targets and reaching net zero.
Join IGCC and PRI to hear about the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative, an international group of asset managers committed to supporting the goal of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 or sooner, in line with global efforts to limit warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius; and to supporting investing aligned with net zero emissions by 2050 or sooner. The initiative currently has 128 signatories with US$43 trillion in assets under management globally.
We will hear from investors on what they are doing to form implementation plans to net zero, and the important role of collaborative initiatives in reaching net zero and Paris alignment.
- Rebecca Mikula-Wright, CEO, Investor Group on Climate Change
- Sheela Veerappan, Head of Australia & New Zealand, Principles for Responsible Investment
- Akaash Sachdeva, Senior Responsible Investment Advisor, HESTA
- Isabel Huther, Sustainable Investment Analyst, Westpac New Zealand Kiwisaver & BT Funds Management NZ Ltd
- Robyn Parkin, Head of Sustainability & Advocacy, Ethical Partners Fund Management
The session will be held online via Zoom. ALL MEMBERS WELCOME