IGCC’s Corporate Engagement program supports investors in Australia and New Zealand engaging with listed companies on climate change.
Our work helps further investor practice on corporate engagement and supports investors to achieve individual portfolio targets and implement strategies to reduce the climate risk in their portfolio and the broader economy. The program of work also focuses on company and sector level decarbonisation across the Australian economy and industry.
- Coordination of the IGCC Corporate Engagement Working Group (the Australasia CA100+ Working Group) which engages with 15 listed ASX companies on climate related risks and opportunities.
- Leading the implementation of the Climate Action 100+ initiative in our region, and playing a leading role as one of the founding partner organisations of this significant global initiative.
- Developing thought leadership and analysis on climate risks and opportunities across key themes (including corporate governance, disclosure, transition risk, physical risk, target setting, and transition strategy) and sectors (including oil and gas, diversified mining, aviation, food and forestry, steel, and industrials).
- Capacity building on engagement for Australian investors including a member masterclass on engagement, regular briefings on corporate engagement issues at member meetings, and webinars.
- Representing IGCC members and Australasian CA100+ signatories on a number of global working groups progressing issues such as benchmarking of global companies on climate change, corporate lobbying, just transition, and sector decarbonisation strategies among others.
- Providing updates on global trends in stewardship and engagement, and shareholder resolution activities globally.
IGCC members are able to join the Climate Action 100+ initiative and working group, and also participate in broader thought leadership activities, briefings and analysis from our corporate engagement program. Members are also able to benefit by our collaboration with similar organisations in other regions globally by facilitating peer to peer learning and discussions.
Corporate Engagement Program: email@example.com | Climate Action 100+ Global: info@climateaction100+.org